With death tolls in conflicts around the world sometimes reaching the level of a weekend in Chicago or Atlanta, many news items have fallen through the cracks. As Biden perhaps “wags the dog” with the Middle East and Ukraine, other things are going on. I offer summaries of a few:
- Biden is struggling in the polls as more people realize Democrats are incompetent. His pandering “Student Loan Forgiveness” program failed. But now, as octogenarians get us into wars, Biden and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell promise that any voting millennials who get killed in their World War III will have their student loans forgiven.
- As the Democrats cram electric vehicles down our throats, Americans are rejecting them. Crossing the street in Chattanooga the other day, I did not hear a EV Smartcar coming at me. It hit me, and I waited an hour in the Erlanger Hospital ER to get it removed.
- Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey is in a pickle. He was caught with cash and gold bars stuffed in his suit for a payoff. (His defense might be that he was preparing for a divorce.) When the Middle East wars started, Egyptian President Abdel el-Sisi, having dealt with Menendez in the past, had occasion to call Biden. He slipped up and asked, “How many gold bars for a Stinger Missile System?”
Seventy-five percent of New Jersey voters want Menendez to resign. The other twenty-five percent want him to stay because they have already paid him and they want their favors. But do not worry. Biden’s DOJ and FBI are looking into the matter. The money was in an old suit from the Donald Trump Collection at Macy’s, so they feel they have enough evidence to indict Donald Trump again.
Make no mistake, the media are still doing their job. If Trump makes a faux pas they hold Trump accountable. And if Biden messes up something, they hold Trump accountable.
- GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado has been publicly dating since filing for divorce. She even got handsy with a date in a theater. Your move, Taylor Swift! Boebert also cast her vote for Mike Johnson for Speaker of the House. She has been pulling for Johnson for a while now.
- Lefty Dems like “The Squad’s” Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan are openly pro-Palestine. They even have “Queers for Palestine” flags on their houses, not getting the irony. It’s like having a “Jeffrey Epstein for Girls’ Middle School Principal” sign up. To be fair, Hamas is no longer throwing gays off tall buildings in Gaza — but that’s just because they no longer have any tall buildings.
- As the Middle East wars began, Muslim uprisings and anger raged in northern cities like Detroit and Chicago. No one American is more at risk from these attacks than Michael Jordan, who is known as the GOAT.
- Hollywood settled its strike. Now the writers can go back to destroying beloved Disney franchises like before. The strike was long, and many actors had to get real jobs. The better actors honed their craft while on break, and mastered the art of making customers think that they really cared if they supersized their Big Mac meals.
- If you saw the pro-Palestinian protesters in the Capitol, you would notice that they were almost indistinguishable from the Jan. 6 protesters, but you would also see that they were not dealt with nearly as harshly. Democratic Rep. Jamaal Bowman of New York pulled the Capitol fire alarms to disrupt a Congressional vote. The ex-high school principal said he did not know anything about sprinklers/fire alarms, so the Washington, D.C., judge gave him a $1,000 fine. Clearly, Jamaal and the Palestinian protesters are just more victims of our two tiered and racist justice system.
A libertarian op-ed humorist and award-winning author, Ron does commentary on radio and TV. He can be contacted at Ron@RonaldHart.com or @RonaldHart on Twitter.
The views and opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author and do not reflect the official position of the Daily Caller.